- Pandemic Stress Likely Compounded by Seasonal Affective Disorder January 11, 2022Continue Reading
Coping With Sad This Winter
As we continue to weather the storm of COVID-19, seasonal affective disorder, or SAD, is once again on our radar. More subtle than an arctic blast, SAD is just as real, with just as much potential to have a chilling effect on our mood, productivity and wellness. Similar ...
- A Novel Approach to Behavior Change December 15, 2021Continue Reading
How to Replace Bad Habits with Healthy, Sustainable Behaviors
For entrepreneur physician Kyra Bobinet, MD, the typical reasons behind a failed diet served as the impetus for developing a novel approach to behavior change.
“I was doing so well. I knew what to eat, when to eat, how to eat, and then I just stopped doing it…and ...
- Staying Well in the New Year A Proactive Guide December 15, 2021Continue Reading
In the spirit of starting 2022 with healthy intention, we’ve taken a page from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) latest recommendations, long considered the gold standard for clinical preventive services, and prepared the following proactive guide to staying well in the new year.
Back in 1903, Thomas Edison predicted where we ...
- Color Your World with Every Hue of Fruit and Vegetable December 15, 2021Continue Reading
Eating Your Fruits and Veggies May Help Reduce the Risk of Chronic Disease
Fill your plate with a vibrant, colorful array of fruits and vegetables for a naturally delicious way to meet your daily requirement of vitamins, minerals and nutrients. Plant foods contain thousands of natural compounds called phytonutrients, which may have anti-inflammatory benefits that ...
- Healthier Eating September 11, 2021Continue Reading
How to Pare Down Protein & Cut Back Carbs
Inspired by a belief that our diets can be redefined to integrate both healthier eating and environmental responsibility, Menus of Change encourages a meaningful “flip” in the emphasis on animal proteins and highly processed carbohydrates to an emphasis on highly appealing alternatives.
Menus of Change, ...
- COVID-19 and The Road Ahead September 11, 2021
From Boosters & Breakthroughs to Vaccines & Variants: Where Do We Go From Here?
The following reflects an 8/24/2021 discussion; please check the CDC website for real-time updates as the situation continues to evolve.
- Pandemic Inspires and Challenges Medical Innovation September 11, 2021Continue Reading
Pandemic Sparks Promising Future for Clinical Trial Speed and Flexibility
Like wartime medicine, the pandemic inspires and challenges medical innovation.
The silver lining of the pandemic is the reinvigorated sense of urgency breaking down
cumbersome and expensive barriers to the FDA’s phased approval process. While the research- lab-to-patient-arm trials for the highly successful COVID-19 ...
- New Lung Cancer Screening Recommendations June 22, 2021Continue Reading
Spotlighting Both Challenges and Progress
This winter the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) released its new Lung Cancer screening recommendations, lowering both the ...
- A Quick Guide to Seasonal Allergies June 22, 2021Continue Reading
Pollen, Grass, Ragweed and Mold spores
For more than 24 million Americans, the flowering trees and mild weather of spring and summer, signals another allergy season in full bloom. The cause: ...
- The Art of Cooking Without Sugar June 22, 2021Continue Reading
A Chef’s Tasteful Look at Taking Sugar Off the Table
In part two of our series with professional chef Stan Hodes, he shares some artful ...
- Pandemic Inspires and Challenges Medical Innovation September 11, 2021